Friday, September 18, 2009

FOUND MONEY JAR UPDATE

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while this is not your first introduction to the found money jar, but I haven't given my readership an update on its status for quite a while. I spilled out its stinky (I hate the smell of change) contents onto our kitchen counter this morning and found that we have amassed a grand total of $383.78 since moving to Idyllwild 5 years ago, and that simply by picking up pennies in parking lots and fishing quarters out of coin returns. In 2007 Sarah and I took $250.oo of that and invested in a U.S. Saving's Bond, which Sarah is convinced will not be worth the paper it is printed on by the time it matures in October of 2017. (If this is your first introduction to the found money jar you may read more about it here and here.)


No comments: