Tuesday, November 13, 2007

$500.00 U.S. SAVINGS BOND



So Sarah and I finally reached the $250.00 mark in our found money jar. A couple of weeks ago I lugged the $250.00 in coins down to good ol' Guaranty bank (surprisingly heavy) and converted them into a $500 u.s. savings bond. I know that savings bonds are not the best way to invest money, but when you only have $250.00 to invest it's a pretty good option. So in 10 years we will have $500.00 and we can go out for a candy bar or something. Assuming that the United States of America still exists ( I think a fairly safe assumption I will promptly turn that $500 into a $1000 savings bond on the very day it matures. I wonder how much money we can get from found money in our life time. If I took all of the pennies and such I pick up off the ground and fish out of coin returns and invested them somehow, how much could I amass by the time I kicked it?

Any esitimates?

3 comments:

Liana said...

and this, Josh Tate, is why I love you & Sarah!

nice investment.

Andrew said...

I pick up every penny I see and I probably pick up around 20 cents a week. There are a ton of vending machines up here.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it because I'm all the time picking up stray coins.