Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Would the real Job 12:19 please stand up.

I think this game would be more fun to play on a blog with a larger following (maybe Job's or Steve's), but I was pleased with the quality of the responses if not the quantity. Maybe somebody else should host the next round. Below you will find posted 5 verses- only one of which is the genuine Job 12:19. Your mission is to pick which one is genuine (without peeking), and post your choice in the comment field. The winner is the player with the most points (remember you get a point for guessing the correct verse, and for every time somebody else guesses yours.

So here they are:

A. Job 12:19 "Why should I seek the shade only to have my covering ripped away. The sun will seek me out and I can not hide from it."

B. Job 12:19 "He leads priests away stripped and overthrows men long established."

C. Job 12:19 "And as such, as a lion's roar comes from its belly,the wrath of God comes from the heavens itself."

D. Job 12:19 "He takes gold from kings and offers beggars this present. He makes his enemies become his friends."

E. Job 12:19 "Let him tear his clothes and cover himself with ashes in that day."

Good Luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A for me.

This game is not just called "Heresy." It's also known as "Mormon Bible Study."

La Joconde said...

I am hesitating.

A. Nice but too modern. Rhythmical.
B. Well done.
C. I like this one. The roar.
D. Too "fairy tale".
E. Beautiful. Poetical.

Hum...C or E ?
I choose the roar. C.

sarah said...

b, yo.

Anonymous said...

B.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Job Goes with E.

misserose said...

since i didn't play by sending a fake verse, i cheated and read which one was right, and i must say, it's the ONE that i thought couldn't possibly be right! time to do a little bible study!