Tuesday, April 25, 2006

QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you were approached by the angel of death who informed you that you were scheduled to live until the ripe old age of 90, but that you would suffer from a cold for all the remaining days of your life, and then offered to remove the cold if you agreed to knock ten years off the end of your life- would you take it? Just a regular runny nose, congested, scratchy throat kind of cold, but all day, every day, for the rest of your life.

P.S. I will be posting the different Job 12:19's later in the day. I have a lot of work to do around the camp today. Adam and Eve didn't do us any favors.

5 comments:

La Joconde said...

A cold with all its troubles...No thanks. A week with a cold makes me crazy, agressive, weak...
Ten years for a slow death.
I'll accept to die at the age of 80, healthy. Better for everybody around me.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Um, tough call. But I havd found that I can learn to live with almost anything after a while.
Humans are designed to cope.

I've seen people with kids who can juggle all sorts of things while those kids seem like an absolute disease on life, causing migraines every other moment.

I can handle a cold, methinks.

sarah said...

i'd skip the cold, and the ten years. it's not really a bad thing, even. unless you are very healthy, those last ten years aren't really very comfortable.

but- ten years with my kids and their kids? i would suffer a cold for that. i guess i'd buy some stock in dayquil.

misserose said...

I would question said angel's credentials.

Anonymous said...

"First, let me see your badge." Good point Misserose. The whole question is kind of based on a false premise.