Wednesday, October 01, 2008

10/1/2008

Worked from 8:00 until 3:00 pm. Took off early from work to do some last minute prep for the Wednesday night gathering (move some folding tables, chairs and such up to the house). Nine folks showed up, two of the couples who came last week were sick. It was a good time, and I think with practice I will get better at facilitating. After all it is more or less what I want to do with the rest of my time on earth so I'm resolved to look at every gathering as an opportunity to practice and hone gifts. Sarah had some good suggestions on how I could improve. She says I'm "too leaderish." I know what she means and she's right. We had some worship in song led by Steve Koch, which was really cool, and the plastic bag omelettes were a big hit. I'm glad that the group is starting to gel, and I am super excited about it. It'll be a lot of work added to a pretty tight schedule, but I think it will become a highlight of my week. Went to bed way too late. We're tired a lot these days.



$0.00

10H!!!

1 comment:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

BAH! I forgot we did those tables the first night. It was much better when you did away with them.