Sunday, July 27, 2008

On some days I feel like my walk with Christ is not something I hold as dearly as I ought. I feel that way today. My faith has rarely ever cost me anything, and as such I tend to have a shabby attitude towards it. I listen to stories of those followers of Christ in other countries and in bygone days, and I wonder when it will be my turn. When will I have an opportunity to show my love, faith, and devotion in the face of persecution and hardship? I view such a day with a strange mix of loathing and self-doubt, but these days of ease and comfort have become equally undesirable. I liken it to the urge to go for a walk after eating too much. I have had my fill of ease and comfort. In fact I am stuffed to the gills, sluggish from too much, and I want to go for a walk. I want to stretch the muscles of faith. I want to have needs and not know how the Lord will meet them. I want to lean entirely on the frame of Christ, and truly trust in Him for my support and supply. Such a day is coming for me and my family, and in the heat of that day, I pray that I will not prove a failure and an impostor.

No comments: