Friday, January 18, 2008

THAT'S RIGHT!

Last summer I posted THE TOP THREE COMEDIANS OF ALL TIME.



For my birthday Lisa Richard got me a book written by Bob Newhart about his life and career (I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This!). I was reading it recently, and the following passage caught my eye:

"That was the first inkling I had that maybe I could make it as a comedic storyteller.
But it wasn’t all positive reinforcement. Early in my career, I saw Jonathan Winters perform in a comedy club in Chicago. He was hilarious. Each joke was funnier than the one before it. I was totally discouraged. I thought to myself, why bother? There’s no way you can be as funny as Jonathan Winters.
I gathered my wits and decided that being No. 2 wouldn’t be so bad.
The greatest comedian I’ve ever seen is Jack Benny."

How about that?!?! THE TOP THREE COMEDIANS OF ALL TIME!!!

1 comment:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Bob Newhart is effortlessly funny...