Thursday, July 12, 2007

JOURNAL 7/11/2007

Sarah and Lisa repeated my mistake from yesterday by attempting a visit to the park. They were a little more successful than me, and I was thankful that they returned with Slurpees. Took my van in to a Chevy dealership and they determined that the battery needed to be replaced. They had the van for most of the day, which meant we couldn't really go anywhere, but I was glad to have it fixed. Tried to work on my sermon without any success. Visited for a while in the evening before saying our goodbyes and leaving for home at around 8 pm. It was 107 degrees when we left Tempe and 53 degrees when we rolled back into camp at approximately 1:45 am. We retrieved Andie and Kevin from the Crooks before dashing home. We made good time although I think I hit a coyote as we hurtled past Palm Springs and we hit a bat on the way up the mountain. At approximately 10:30 we stopped near the Colorado river so Sarah could nurse and I bought some caffeine for the last lonely leg of the journey. We miss the irvings.

3 comments:

sarah said...

i really miss the irvings. and lolo's. but the irvings more.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, remember when your blog used to be whimsical and poetic? I like knowing all about your daily life, but I miss the widjiwats... Just saying...

Anonymous said...

The Irvings miss you too!