Thursday, July 12, 2007

JOURNAL 7/10/2007

French toast for breakfast. Tricia took Lisa and Sarah to target, and left me with three kids. We took an ill-advised walk to Kiwanis park in the hundred-plus degree temperatures. Lucy wilted like a delicate shade plant under the angry Arizona sun, and I ended up carrying her while pushing Jack in the stroller. Bowden did well, but he frustrated me by climbing on things and taking unnecessary detours, which only served to slow our procession to a crawl under the heavy weight of the sun. We finally reached the park only to have Jack wake up from his nap and started freaking out. In reaching the park I felt like Napoleon who reached Moscow only to find no comfort there. We beat a hasty retreat to the 7/11 where we sat in thre air-conditioned comfort and enjoyed some tall slurpees. In the afternoon, Tricia took Sarah, Lisa and all the kids but Jack to a huge wading pool. I stayed home with jack to work on my sermon for this Sunday, but Jack didn't let me get any work done. In the evening we ate at Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffle House. My first such experience. It was sooo good. Our van started giving us problems. It wouldn't start and when we would turn the key it would sound like R2-D2 on crack. After turning the key a couple of times it decided to fire up. Had a nice visit back at the house and ended up staying up until around 11:30 talking about the war in Iraq with Chad.

No comments: