Wednesday, August 16, 2006

ROMANS 12:18

"IF POSSIBLE, AS FAR AS IT DEPENDS ON YOU, LIVE AT PEACE WITH EVERYONE."

At my table in Houghton's cafeteria (...and yes it was my table) we had a rule. Do you remember that rule? No frivolous arguments. Strife, zealous argument, and ire over unimportant things have a way of ruining a good meal and leaving a bad taste in the mouth. If this conversation had begun over a plate of stale tater-tots, and clam chowder of suspect origin in that corner of the cafeteria I would have put the kaibosh on the whole regrettable thing. So shut up and lets eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was your table, it's true. And agreed all around.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

When I went back to Homecoming last year I saw that that table was still "your" table.

Geographically the same and filled with gentle Shen men...