Wednesday, August 30, 2006

INTERVIEWS WITH BOWDEN


I plan to make this a recurring post on the Wing & Wave where I interview my son on current events and todays headlines.

Today's topic- The War in Iraq

Me: Thanks for sitting down with me Bowden, and answering a few questions about the war in Iraq.

Bowden: The war in Iraq?

Me: Yes.

Bowden: Oh! You're welcome Daddy.

Me: What are your thoughts in general about the war in Iraq?

Bowden: I don't like that show.

Me: Hmmm... I see. That's profound. What do you mean by that exactly?

Bowden: I like the police animal show.

Me: Should we stay the course as long as it takes or should we set a timetable for the withdrawal of our forces from Iraq?

Bowden: This! (Holding up a toy dinosaur and brandishing it emphatically.)

Me: By brandishing that dinosaur am I to understand that you favor staying the course in Iraq?

Bowden: No! Not dinosaurs in Iraq!

Me: Oh. So... no dinosaurs in Iraq. I think we're in agreement on that, but what about troops?

Bowden: Yeah! What a good idea!

Me: In your opinion, what challenges does Iran represent to the establishment of a democracy in Iraq?

Bowden: No... that's not a word that's a koala's name.

Me: What?

Bowden: (perturbed expression)

Me: Do you think Republican's can maintain control of congress in the next round of elections?

Bowden: Oh yeah! I think so! I remember that!

Me: Okay, this is my last question. What do you see as the biggest foreign policy issue for the U.S. and the Bush administration in the coming year?

Bowden: The peeshy-weeshy. That's the biggest. Lucy too! She's a peeshy-weeshy!

Me: What?

Bowden: Yeah she is!

Me: You're silly.

Bowden: You're a goo-goo bean!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

I love, love, love this times a million!!!!!! A most enjoyable way to head off to bed.

Please stay the course...and continue these interviews. I thought your poems were my favorite part of the electronic world of widjiwats, but I was wrong. Your boy Bowden takes the cake, and I wish I could hear this exchange in person.

misserose said...

kind of reminds me of "kids say the darndest things," except better.

Anonymous said...

You have always been a goo goo bean. Wonderful post!

Steve said...

I've printed these talking points out for reference if the issues come up this afternoon in class - the peeshy-weeshy angle specifically; I hadn't even considered it. I appreciate your hard work.