Thursday, June 15, 2006

IT'S THE TRANSMISSION

I just got off the phone with Sarah, who is a little stressed out trying to police our spawn in some mechanic's shop, while the Chrysler is being diagnosed. Sarah says it is the transmission. Yikes! I don't know much about cars, but I do know a few things about mechanics, and this doesn't sound cheap.


I'm reading a biography on the life of Peter Marshall, which my Dad sent me a while back. The Lord has been speaking to me through his life and testimony. Here is an excerpt from that book, which strikes me as particularly relevant in light of our troublesome car and meager funds.

"To many people, their pocketbook represents the real proving ground for Christianity. Most people either finally accept or reject God on the question of wether religion is practical enough to descend from the stained-glass window level to the pocketbook level. 'Can God feed a starving man? If you need a overcoat, can He provide one? Can he find an unemployed man a job? If not, then where is His power?' So many a man reasons."

Peter Marshall obeyed God's call to move to America from Scotland and enter the ministry even though he was a man of very humble means. He landed in New York with an empty wallet, the address of a relative, and a governing faith in God. My car bleongs to God, and I will trust him with it. He is Lord of my pocketbook and my car.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I love you God!

1 comment:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God" - Ezekiel

Josh, I feel for you greatly but admire your attitude greater still.
I've been there. I ended up taking the plunge and getting Hi Jol the new trannie (chryslers are, truly, crap).
But I will be praying for you and your tribe...

Give your pineapples to God.
God takes good care of his possessions.