Thursday, June 15, 2006

For the last few days I have been dedicating the bulk of my time to cleaning out Camp Maranatha's main tabernacle. Due to the fact that the tabernacle is unheated it goes unused for the fall winter and spring. Well... that's not true exactly. It is used as a garage, workshop, lumberyard and general storage building, but not used for meetings. Approximately 3 squirrel's nests and innumerable birds nests perch among the steel rafters. A fine saw dust and bird poo has settled over everything. Somehow the building must be cleared out and cleaned by Monday, and I am the man for the job. On Monday the first real summer camp will role onto the grounds, and the building must be perfectly clean by then so they can get it dirty again. However, if those kids next week leave enough lumber to build a house, power tools, extension cords, ladders, work tables, and cover everything with sawdust and bird poo... I will quit! Finally I have moved everything out of the building, transferring the mess and disorder to other less visible parts of the camp, and now all that is left is to clean the building. This is the busiest time of the year at Camp Maranatha as we prepare for the upcoming summer rush. Bring it on!
In other news I just received a call from my wife, who is up at her Mom's house again. This past weekend, Annie and Rosie were up for Bowden's birthday party. Rosie was flying out of LAX late Sunday night for Guatemala, but when it came time for them to leave they found that Annie's car was dangerously low on gas so we swapped cars. Yesterday Sarah drove up to the valley to get our car back. This morning when she called she reported that our Chrysler Cirrus, had just broken down in a serious way. To quote my wife, "I don't know what happened, but it's bad!" This has been coming for a long time now. Certain noises have been getting louder, its performance increasingly eccentric, and we haven't had the means to address the growing problems. We probably won't have the means to fix this problem either, but BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD! He knows if we need a car or not and I am confident in His ability to provide this morning. I may be stressed about the whole thing this afternoon, but right now I am at perfect peace. I hate that car though. It was once the flag ship of the greater Tate fleet, but has been nothing but a pain in the rear. Never get a Chrysler! Overpriced piece of junk! I am at peace though. I like walking. I will keep yopu posted, but in the meantime I am forced to agree with Steve's choice for lifetime product supply- definately vehicles. Good call, Steve!

No comments: