Thursday, May 04, 2006

So, about a week ago the camp's head cook, Cameo, tells me about this box of rotten apples that she wanted thrown in the dumpster. I thought it would be more fun to take a baseball bat and smash them into the gully which runs throught the camp. So I set the box aside in a shed and forgot about them until today when I rediscovered them. Have you ever seen a furry apple? I have.

About half of them were still good for smashing. So I went to the athletic supply closet and selected my weapon- a long, black, aluminum baseball bat and took the box of apples to the edge of the gully. One by one I lobbed them into the air and swung away. It was a very gratifying sensation to connect with the apple and watch as fragments exploded away from the bat and landed here and there amongst the rocks and trees in the bottom of the gully. (You're welcome forest creatures!)

I hated it when I swung and missed. It was kind of depressing to watch the unmarred apple roll out of my grasp over the lip of the gully, bounce, roll some mroe and come to rest safely out of my reach. Most of them are scattered in teeny-tiny bits though.

I will definately be doing that again. Therapeutic, it was!

1 comment:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I am very envious...