Tuesday, May 09, 2006

DADDY BIG BUCK$

"Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? and when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying 'rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!' In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels opf God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:8-10

For the past two years Sarah and I have picked up every penny we have seen in every parking lot and grocery store aisle. We have snaked our finger into every coin return. We have scoured the ground as we walked. Every piece of money that we have found we kept in a big pickle jar on our kitchen counter. last night I counted the money and found that over the past two years we have accumulated $120.52 in found money! Now... what to do with it. I think we will start a savuings account and see how much we can put in there over the course of our lives.

In other strange money ideas. I was talking to a married couple a while ago who told me about an idea they had heard at a marriage conference once. The speaker recommended paying yourself for every time you have sex. Keep the money in a designated location and once a year spend it on a truly fantastic date. Maybe Sarah and I will start doing that.

6 comments:

Hutch said...

We actually did that for a while, but we usually pay for everything with our ATM cards so there was never enough change lying around to pay ourselves with.

Griffen said...

I have so many questions about that one, but none of them really seem appropriate...

Anonymous said...

Josh Jones reminded me tonight of the time in Political Cinema class when you turned around and said, "I'll give you a million dollars if you can tell me the first ingredient in this chewing gum."

And then I did. Sorbitol.

And you handed me the change from your pocket and said you would have to be on a payment plan.



When can I expect the next payment?

barefootkangaroo said...

Please don't send Josh Jones to break my knees. I haven't got the money and I am not exactly in a position to make payments either.

How did you know that? Sorbitol...

I guess I'll just keep stalling until the year of jubilee.

Until then... catch me if you can.

Anonymous said...

...so, what's the going rate for that kinda thing? seems like a weird thing to decide.

barefootkangaroo said...

True. I say one dollar. We're a little cheap.