Saturday, November 21, 2009

THE RETURN TO ST ALBANS

I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was nice to put the camera down and just kind of drive around taking in the sights. St Albans is where I worked as a police officer and where sarah and I called home for the first years of our marriage. We stopped in at our favorite eatery, Kartulas, for a couple of bagel sandwiches and iced tea.

I love their turkey ruben on a wheat bagel. Sooooooo good.
We also stopped by Hudak Farm, which is equal parts farm and artist colony. We used to live just down the street from hudak and it was very sentimental to go back there and snoop around a bit.







Sarah bought me some beets at Hudak, which she cooked up for me back at the house. I love me some beets and these were as good as any I have ever eaten (...and better than most.)

2 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I'm not sure if I ought to be happy or sad at your beet comments.

My heart is torn.

sarah said...

Actually, your mom made those beets, just as much as I did, if not more.
And of course California beets, especially when made by the sweet and wonderful Britney, are the best. Of course. He meant, "apart from Britney's beets."