Monday, June 29, 2009

MY SHOES- #10 & #11

So today, while I was down in the desert, I saw a man mugging an elderly woman. Of course, I ran to her assistance, and as I was running I noticed these flip-flops for sale. So I bought them for $12.99. We'll see how long these last!

Prior to beginning the police academy I received a letter from the Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council, which stated among other things that I would need to bring four different types of footwear with me to the academy. I would need a pair of new running shoes, a pair of department issued police boots, one pair of flip-flops for wearing in the shower (yes, they made us wear flip-flops in the shower) and a second pair of black boots for team building exercises. I had running shoes, police boots and flip-flops, but a week before the start of the academy found me in a local shoe store purchasing these boots for team building exercises. They are currently third on the depth chart behind the flip-flops featured above and my old police boots.
I don't really like them because whenever I take them off the pad bunches up. I hate that. I'm also not terribly keen on steel-toed boots. With the recent demise of almost all of my go-to footwear they have been seeing increased use though.

5 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

uh, I wanna hear more about the mugging.

And I'm pretty sure I can smell those nasty boots through the computer screen.

MomZup said...

I too want to hear more about the mugging. . .less about the footwear. . .more true crime stories. It sounded like you popped into the store to buy the flops while the mugging was in progress and then emerged to become Dudley Do Right!

marlrini@gmail.com said...

One time I had to run out into traffic to save an elderly man in a wheelchair. His left brake was stuck & he kept going in circles. While in the process of the rescue, I broke the heel off my shoe.

barefootkangaroo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
barefootkangaroo said...

I'm sorry to hear about that broken heel, Aunt Marlene. Tough break!