Thursday, April 30, 2009

FILTHY LUCRE!!!

Keith and I have been cleaning out the maintenance yard, and this morning I loaded the truck with another load- 4 old dryers, 6 toilets, some old barrels, a pool tarp, bags of trash, scrap metal etc... As I was loading the toilets I got a brilliant idea! I took a hammer and smashed the trap on each toilet releasing the bounty photographed below- $4.29, some keys, and a ring. Check out that silver dollar in the center! To think that these were on their way to the dump before I intervened. Each went where they were not supposed to go and languished there for a long time, but ultimately they were delivered by an external force breaking them free from the dark slimy bowels of the toilet and into the sunshine. Although delivered they are still miscolored and they have strange deposits that have collected on them from their time in the toilet. It will take some doing to make them sparkle.

4 comments:

john tate said...

Neat. I need to start carrying a hammer around with me - who knows what awesome sermon illustrations are just a smash away

Annie said...

Josh, that's dirty money!

barefootkangaroo said...

HaHa! Filthy Lucre, indeed!

Joel Tom Tate said...

I wonder if any of the owners of those items (the keys and ring) approached camp staff at the time to request assistance in retrieving them. Each one has a story to tell. It's a grimy story, but I'm curious.