Saturday, December 27, 2008

STOP DOING THAT, 93.1 JACK FM!!!

I don't like it when radio stations play a montage of song snippets to advertise the type of music they play and then follow that up with a crappy song. I have noticed that whatever song they end up playing is invariably crappier than half the songs they included in their montage. They should stop doing that. The montage gets you all excited and then they don't deliver. The montage is a tough act to follow though, and it really isn't fair to most songs. Can I get an amen?!?!

1 comment:

Joel Tom Tate said...

I heartily agree. I detest most commercial radio, though and am very grateful to live in a place where I can tune in to WEQX or WMUD, both of which frequently give me the option of hearing something I have never heard but might like. Whereas most stations manage only to play songs I have certainly heard and probably do not like.
And don't get me started on Christian radio . . . our local station does not do the montage thing you described, but if they did they could probably manage to work their entire playlist into a 30 second montage.