Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!

It's still snowing! This morning as Sarah and I were still enjoying the tail end of a long winter's nap her phone rang with an automated message from the school saying that school would be canceled today. I remember when I was just a wee tyke those mornings when I would wake to newfallen snow, and immediately tune the radio to WJJR for the most recent school closings, and O' those magical mornings when the DJ would say, "and Rutland Regional School District is closed today." Those mornings were the best. I say, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" The only sad thing in all of this is that I'm afraid we will have to cancel our small groups caroling party tonight. We were going to go around to the other small groups that meet at the same time and drop off some goodies and do some caroling, but I doubt they will be meeting so we probably won't be either. That would have been a fun surprise. It would have been nice to go caroling in the snow. Ah well!

In the early morning light,
Peering out through the window,
I noticed the lower field
Was made strangely uniform
By a broad expanse of white,
A foot or more of snow,
The ragged field concealed
By last night's winter storm.
A
B
C
D
A
B
C
D


No comments: