Monday, December 01, 2008

SEDONA, AZ

I can say without hesitation that the drive through Sedona was the most stunning I have ever had the pleasure to traverse. If I had stopped to photograph all the sights between Flagstaff and Sedona and between Sedona and Highway 17 it would have taken forever to get where we were going. The town itself was a funky collection of western themed shops and restaurants. Justin and Rosie guided us to one with an outdoor patio overlooking the surrounding mountains. I took these pictures from the patio while we were eating. I hope to go back to that area some day and explore a little. It was just stunning! My camera could not do it justice. If you ever have the opportunity you should check it out.





This was the only picture I took of our hosts which I now regret. I just didn't want to be that guy who is always pulling out the camera and ruining everything.






Sarah and I were lamenting the fact that we hadn't seen an elk despite numerous elk crossing signs next to the highway when we pulled alongside of this truck driving south on the 17. Does this count as seeing an elk? I think so.


No comments: