Sunday, December 28, 2008

MY SHOES- #6

These winter boots are currently the oldest of my footwear. Until a couple of weeks ago I had forgotten about them, as they had been stored away along with the rest of our winter vestments. It was actually kind of nostalgic to pull them out. To the best of my knowledge I had never worn them in the Golden State. They still had the plastic garbage bag that I had added between the boot and the lining during an 802 spring when all the thawing world was like a big muddy sponge. The plastic lining made my feet sweat a little, but that was preferable to the constant stinging cold of newly thawed sogginess soaking through and drenching the lining.
The tread is nearly worn away, and although the boots are warm and snug, they don't provide much traction on the ice.








No comments: