Monday, November 03, 2008

WIDJIWAT LULLABY- JACK'S UNTITLED SONG

I wrote this lullaby when Jack was born (If you've been paying attention- I'm not posting these in the order that they were written.) On most days at around 12:30 or so I take Jack out onto the front porch where there is a swing, and I sing him to sleep. Incidentally, it is the very same swing that Sarah and I were sitting on as teenagers when I first confessed my love to her. So on most days Jack and I have a nice swing for about five minutes or so and then I lay him down inside. I filmed this video from Jack's perspective on the swing.

Are my nostrils really that big? Is that really a booger?

Enjoy!!!

**********

An eye! An eye!

With which to spy

The wonders God has made.

In birds in flight

And firelight

His handiwork's displayed.

*

An ear! An ear!

With which to hear

Of Christ who loves you so

Who gave His life

In sacrifice

To make us white as snow!

*

A hand! A hand!

Which God has planned

For use in helping men.

In all you do

He asks of you

Do it as unto Him.

*

A foot! A foot!

Which you should put

Upon the narrow way-

To live for Him

And flee from sin

Each and every day!

*

A voice! A voice!

How I'll rejoice!

How happy I will be

To hear you say,

"Lord, come what may,

Your follower I will be."

1 comment:

Liana said...

Josh-
I really love these...
and I, too, hope you don't mind that they are now being used in our home in WNY.