Friday, October 17, 2008

LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL...


I kind of wish we could just fast forward to November 5th, and be done with this election, if only to be free of the endlessly repetitive news loop. I am voting for McCain, and that has been my unchanging position for months. In fact, I firmly believe that undecideds are mythical creatures like unicorns and mermaids. They simply don't exist. Deep down, everybody knows who they're voting for. C'mon! You know!

I think Obama lacks a moral compass. His stand on abortion alone negates him from any serious consideration for my vote, but his leftist fiscal policies and anemic foreign policy also don't do much to endear him to me.

I have to confess something that troubles me though. This election has caused me to delight in evil- namely racism. As I sit on my couch bathed in the glow of my television at night, I find myself secretly hoping that voters in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania simply won't be able to stomach the idea of voting for a black man named Barack Hussein Obama. Maybe the latinos won't like him because he's black and maybe Jewish Americans won't show up at the polls in Florida. Is an enemy of my enemy really my friend? I don't think so. Not in this case.

Martin Luther King jr. said that he dreamed of a day when his children would be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. It is Obama's character that I have considered and found lacking, but that concern has motivated me at times to cheer for the evil of racism in the privacy of my heart. I don't have confidence in the American people to do the right thing and so I cravenly pin my hopes on them to continue in an age old sin. This is no time to stop being racist, guys! Shameful.

The outcome of November 4th will not be a surprise to the Almighty, and my vote will not be a surprise to anyone- I'm for McCain. It is my sincerest hope though that America rejects Obama because he is a bad man with bad ideas, and not because he is black.

No comments: