Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few days ago I was watching the news when Lucy came up to me. She was crying and tears were rolling down her chubby little cheeks.

“What’s wrong Lucy?”

Lucy can be difficult to understand under normal circumstances, but when she gets worked up it is nearly impossible to make out what she is trying to say. So I had to calm her down and ask a couple more times before I finally got it out of her.

“Bowden called me a poopy-butt!!!”

Using my sternest voice I thundered in Bowden’s direction,

“Bowden, come here.”

Bowden appeared around the corner wearing nothing but his underwear and a scowl. He was brandishing a pirate sword.

“Bowden, did you call Lucy a poopy-butt?”

But before Bowden could enter a plea, Lucy released her pent up rage and screamed across the room,

“You call me nice butt!!!”

2 comments:

MomZup said...

I am laughing! So glad you are writing these treasures down. Lucy will want to be reminded of this in a dozen years or so!

al'xae said...

Wow...keeping a straight face while trying to discipline kids must be hard at times.