Tuesday, July 08, 2008

ARTS AND CRAFTS with Josh Tate

Today we're talking placemats...
1. Find food items with interesting labels
2. Empty the container by eating the food.
3. Cut out the desired portion of the packaging that you will want to use in your placemat.

5. Place your newly acquired label clipping with your growing collection. You will want a large pile of clippings before beginning the project.

6. Using a glue stick or spray adhesive place your labels in a pleasing arrangement on a piece of posterboard.
7. Fill the posterboard completely.
8. The final step is to cover your work of art with contact paper.

... and that is how you make a placemat.
p.s. I will send one yankee greenback to the first person who can find Jared from Subway in this post.

6 comments:

Hutch said...

Last picture, bottom left corner of the Wahoo's placemat.

barefootkangaroo said...

Brilliant. I'll send it with Tom.

MomZup said...

Loved the tutorial! I too spied Jared. Fun reason to buy foods with exotic/fun labels.

Liana said...

i'm impressed.

Hutch said...

I hope Tom doesn't miss his ship on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I love this post!!! I'm going to start collecting for this project today. Belle and I are going to make some amazing placemats.

TI