Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yesterday, I sat down with Keith and advised him that I was feeling led to pursue some more schooling, possibly a masters program, and that, although I may try and do this through an online program while continuing to work at camp, this could also mean that the Tates will be exiting the ministry at Camp Maranatha sometime in the near future.

I am tremendously excited about the way that the Lord has been directing me and Sarah, and I feel confident that this is what the Lord is calling us to do next, but how, when, and where are still the subject of much fervent prayer.

I feel that it would be wildly irresponsible to go into debt in pursuit of these goals so staying at Camp for a time while enrolling in an online program might not be a bad option, but increasingly I am becoming aware that my gifts and passions don't intersect with Camp, and that ultimately God is preparing me for something else. I want to do right by camp, and that may mean leaving so they can find someone who has more of a heart for this ministry.

Whatever is coming down the pipe I have total confidence that God will direct and supply, and I would appreciate your prayers as I seek Him for clarity, direction, and provision.

8 comments:

MomZup said...

WOW! If you did not go to school online where would you like to go? What will your master's be in? This is wonderfully exciting! Glad I made the trip in February!!!!

Anonymous said...

Arizona State is a good school.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on your mom's WOW! and where would you like to go? There are some marvelous schools within easy reach of Villisca - and certainly a different environment than Maranatha so it would be full of new adventures. I do know a couple people who did most of their Master's online and found it rewarding. Certainly I will be in prayer with you that you will discern God's path for you and your family.

barefootkangaroo said...

A seminary program of some sort is what I am looking for.

Joel Tom Tate said...

I'm obviously not against seminary or theological training, but are you sure you need to go to seminary? Have you inquired about the requirements for service in the denomination you wish to serve in? Is there an alternative approach to preparation in your context that might work better?
I've been grateful for the opportunity to serve in ministry while taking the denominationally offered classes required for ordination.

barefootkangaroo said...

I have thought at length about all of those questions, and I am not of the stripe that considers seminary necessary, and in some ways seminary types really turn me off, but I feel with a certain simplicity that more formal instruction in the word is what the Lord has for me next. I have no denomination or position in mind, except that I believe with all my heart that God has called me to speak and teach, and I am in need of more understanding.

Anonymous said...

In my completely unbiased opinion, the worlds top two seminaries are definately Phoenix Seminary, and Fuller Seminary--Phoenix campus.

Anonymous said...

Unbiased my hiney.

How do you spell hiney?

But do muve to Phoenix, you'd be closer to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!