Tuesday, June 03, 2008

BOWDEN, LUCY AND I PLAYED WIDJIWATS IN THE RAISED PLANTER TODAY

Much of our play consisted of avoiding and escaping from dinosaurs, who were somehow allied with the Grift. We also had to gather leaves to make beds for the Widjiwats, especially one who was pregnant. Lucy was particularly concerned about her. Eventually we had to cross a big river (our driveway) and make camp on the other side to get away from the dinosaurs. Apparently our garden is experiencing something of a dinosaur infestation. Then we gathered chunks of asphalt to build a wall around the camp. Bowden gathered some pretty choice leaves to fashion a bed for the pregnant Widjiwat, and then it was time to come in for dinner.
The whole thing felt very "Land of the Lost." As I type all of the Widjiwats are resting comfortably in my desk drawer, and the rage of the dinosaurs without is rendered impotent by the sturdy walls of our home. Sleep tight little Widjiwats. Sleep tight my children.



5 comments:

MomZup said...

Ah, it is so good to see that your childhood has not departed you, BowdenBoz. Your widjiwats must be long lost relatives of my family living on my kitchen desk. There is a great resemblance!

lisa d said...

you didn't see any sleestaks, did you?!

Joel Tom Tate said...

Grace wants her birthday party to have a widjiwat theme. Any suggestions? All I have is a house, a male widjiwat, and a headless female widjiwat. Oh yeah, I have a canoe too!

barefootkangaroo said...

Of course, in Widjiwat culture a birthday is an opportunity for the child to celebrate his/her parents. You would have 4 birthdays a year if you were a Widjiwat. I would only have three.

I will brainstorm some Widjiwatish party ideas, and pass them along to you.

Griffen said...

Who made the Widjiwats? I love 'um.