Saturday, May 31, 2008

LAST WEEK WE WENT CAMPING WITH OUR FRIENDS, JOSH AND EMILY WHITE


On Thursday, while everyone else was napping, Bowden and I went on a bit of an explore. Keeping a sharp eye out for rattlesnakes we crossed Hurkey Creek (jumping from stone to stone) and scrambled up a steep hill. The view from the top with Garner Valley spreading out in front of us, was worth the climb.





Bowden wanted to photograph all of the different flowers we saw on our hike.
There were yellow ones...
white ones...
red ones...
sort of creamy colored ones...
and purple ones...
I didn't know that Lupines smelled so good.
Sarah took a bunch more pictures from our camping adventure with the Whites so you will have to keep checking in on PotentTates for more.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow, some beautiful scenery there.

MomZup said...

Seems like I remember Barry telling me that Garner Valley was where Bonanza was filmed. Just seeing your pictures had me humming that theme music! Wonderful camping memories.

sarah said...

i love the first picture of you and bowden i will print it out and hang it on my mirror.

barefootkangaroo said...

That's right Mom. Bonanza was filmed, at least in part, in Garner valley. I can't drive through there without thinking of the Cartrights (sp?). It's very picturesque.