Wednesday, February 27, 2008

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Mom's flight got in at the scheduled time, and we picked her up without incident. We took her out for lunch in Santa Monica before making our way out of L.A. through the traffic. Mom was excited about the palm trees and the temperature in the upper 70's (it crept above 80 at times- warm enough to turn on the van's air conditioner for the first time this year.) It is sooooooo good to have her here. We got home at around 8:30 pm (11:30 EST), and my poor exhausted Mom went straight to bed. The kids are really excited to have her stay with us, and so are sarah and I. Let the party begin!!!





I've got to do something about that belly.

2 comments:

Mom 8X said...

Tell your mom I'm envious. She left behind lots of snow.

Annie said...

Welcome to your mom! I hope you have a great week and I can't wait to see her this weekend!