Monday, February 04, 2008





Hume lake had an amazing tube run with a rope pull. The ride up was almost as much fun as the ride down. Sarah rode down with Bowden and I took Lucy. On our first run Lucy and I fell out, but all Lucy said was "Dat was funny!"



On Saturday we drove up to Grant's grove to see the Giant Sequoias. I'm afraid the pictures I took can't do them justice. They were immense... bigger than I had imagined. There was a sequoia that had fallen down and which the lumberjacks had lived in during bygone days. The kids enjoyed playing in it. The ceiling was blackened from all of the campfires that Lumberjacks and probably indians before them had lit. The most frustrating thing about my pictures is that you really can't get a feel for the scale of these trees from the photos. I stood in awe of God the creator.




These our our friends the Whites. It was very nice of them to invite us along on their trip to Hume. Emily is a nurse so she was working this past weekend as the camp's nurse. It was fun for us to tag along.








I finally gave in and bought a pair of chains. None of my pictures show how much snow there was up there, but it came up to the bottom of our window sill and in places I think it may have been as much as 4 feet deep. On our last night there it snowed another 14 inches. Driving out of the mountains was one of the prettiest drives I have ever been on. Chains were an absolute necessity though.






Lucy and Bowden pretending to be bear cubs in the dining hall.





2 comments:

Mom 8X said...

Great pictures. Love the bear!

lisa d said...

chains??? failure.