Saturday, November 03, 2007

I KNOW THAT THE REST OF MY FAMILY ARE A BUNCH OF RUTLAND LOYALISTS, BUT BURLINGTON IS UNDENIABLY THE CROWN JEWEL OF VERMONT.



So why am I talking about Burlington? Because these crisp autumn days remind me of those early days in my marriage when Sarah and I would zoom down to Burlington after work for a stroll down Church street and a cup of hot Chai. Heady days!

Plus I knew that comparing Rutland unfavorably to Burlington would arouse the ire of my brother, Job.

Job, why do you love Rutland so much? Burlington is way cooler.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Tate neither a loyalist or hater be. I like Burlington and Rutland both; but let it be said that I don't think Rutland has ever had for itself the goal of being a crown jewel of anything. That's what makes it so livable and likable for me.

Andrew said...

Burlington is undeniably Vt's most recognizable city. I however do not see the attraction. Being from Rutland, that is where my loyalties lie.