Tuesday, August 14, 2007

IT RAINED TODAY



It started raining while I was in town having lunch with Pastor Tim at Arribas. It rained buckets and buckets and flooded the bowl where King's Kamp had constructed a life-size pirate ship for their pirate-themed week. How ironic would it have been if their ship had been washed away.



Despite the rain I was still able to put my outside crew to work. Everyday some unlucky folk rotate out of the kitchen to work with me outside. Luckily we got all of the firewood unloaded, stacked and covered with a tarp before it began raining. Nick and Nathanael helped me frame out a partition for thre A-frame. Nathanael had more expertise than Nick and I, and I was glad it was his day to work outside. Frankly, it is all I can do to get dressed in the morning, and even that baffles me sometimes. I am always grateful to be paired with someone who has some mechanical ability.




Thank God for the rain. It has been months and months since we have seen any.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, I think Kevin is missing some of that mechanical ability here at home. It looks like Nathanael is having a good time. Thanks for the pictures. Carla

al'xae said...

That Pirate ship is Cool! ... but what do you do without BigChief (keeper of the mountian)?

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, I got you message. I'm at work, so this is the only way to get back to you right now. I could only thing of two things: Raging Waters is nearby, but that may be more than you want to do. The other is Lazerstar, which is a laser tag and arcade place in nearby Glendora. We used to take the youth there alot. The address is 1365 S. Grand Ave. Glendora, 91740. Phone 626-963-9444. Web www.lazerstar.org

barefootkangaroo said...

Thanks Chad. I think you took us to lazerstar in 97 when I was on the ministry team. I had forgotten about that. That would be perfect.

Liana said...

The Pirate Ship is AMAZING? Is it a kit? Or do you have some mastermind out there...
LOVE IT!

Liana said...

no question mark after amazing... it IS amazing... I really would LOVE one for my backyard for Noah to play in!