Sunday, June 24, 2007

A LULLABY FOR JACK (VERY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS)



An eye! An eye!
With which to spy
The wonders God has made.

In firelight
And birds in flight
His handiwork's displayed

An ear! An ear!
With which to hear
Of Christ who loves you so.

Who gave his life
In sacrifice
To make us white as snow.

A foot! A foot!
Which you should put
Upon the narrow way.

To flee from sin
And live for Him
Each and every day.

A voice! A voice!
How I'll rejoice!
How happy I will be...

To hear you say,
"Lord, come what may
Your follower I will be."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so wonderfully said - a treasure not only for Jack but for Lucy and Bowden as well - how God has blessed you with the gift of putting words together to tell a story.

Annie said...

I love that poem! It may be a work in progress, but it is perfect from a 5 yr. old teacher's point of view!
And it is my prayer as well!

Abigail said...

I love it. I make lullabies for my children, too, but, in their completion, they're nowhere as nice as your "work in progress."