Tuesday, June 12, 2007

JOURNAL 6/9/2007

Nanny arrived in the night while we were all asleep. Sarah and Jack passed the night in Palm Springs of course. The kids were excited to wake up and find Nanny at our house. nanny left after breakfast to go and see Sarah and Jack at the hospital. Lucy, Bowden and I drove over to the nursery and bought Sarah a couple of Hollyhock plants as a welcome home present. Bowden helped me plant them in the planter next to the house. At 11:oo I drove Bowden and Lucy down to Palm Springs and left them along with the van with nanny and Sarah. Sarah hadn't been discharged so I drove back up in Nanny's car so I could lifeguard at 1:30. On the way back up the mountain all the traffic had stopped due to a helicopter that had landed in the road. Apparently, there had been an accident and the helicopter was on scene to medivac the inujured down to the hospital from which I had just come. We waited for a long time for the troad to reopen, buyt I used the time to pick sarah some wild flowers, also as a coming home present. Sarah and Jack came home in the afternoon. The family is back together and we are struggling to find a new routine. baby Jack is a very handsome little man.

1 comment:

Griffen said...

Handsome indeed! A perfect mix.