Saturday, June 09, 2007

JOURNAL 6/8/2007

JACK WAS BORN AT 9:40 AM!!! Sarah woke me up at 5:30 and told me that she had been in labor for about an hour and the contractions were getting stronger and closer together. Keith and Paula Shirley came over to be with Lucy and Bowden and we drove to the hospital in Palm Springs. Later Nancy came over to relieve the Shirleys. Lisa met us at the hospital and was there to witness Jack enter the world. Sarah was amazing!!! The newest arrow in my quiver is handsome, pink and healthy. I am so happy!!! After Jack was born I drove back up to Idyllwild to fetch Bowden and Lucy. They were thrilled to meet their new baby brother. I took Bowden and Lucy out to play in the park and get some ice cream. Then we came back and looked at Jack again before going back home to take baths and go to bed. It was sad to leave Mom and Jack behind in the hospital, but we wanted to keep Bowden and Lucy as close to their normal schedule as possible. What an exciting day!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a red letter day to me! I can't tell you how much I enjoy your mini interviews with Bowden. I just can't get enough of them. Happy Birthday, dear Bowden. Will anxiously await the pictures from the party!

Annie said...

Josh, I am so grateful that you are these little one's Daddy and Sarah's husband! All that running around, being there for Sarah and Jack, and then for Bowden and Lucy!
You two threw a great party as well!
It was great to be up there for it all. Go Team Tate!