Saturday, June 23, 2007

JOURNAL 6/23/2007

Today was my day off. The summer staff hiked up to the tram today and we drove down to Banning to meet them at Sizzlers for lunch. Before meeting them at Sizzlers we helped drop off a car for them at the bottom of the tram, and did some shopping for necessaries at Target. Bowden picked out a toy with some money Umpa and G.G. gave him for his birthday. I also bought some brake pads at an auto parts store. Keith offered to help me install them. In the afternoon I put together a large swing set next to our house, which Umpa and G.G. had given to us after it was left behind by one of their tenants. They brought it up with them on Thursday when they came up for a visit and to see the baby. Bowden and Lucy "helped" me put it up. Spoke with John and Mom in the afternoon. John is heading out tomorrow for a week of camp meetings in New Hampshire, and work on the septic system at the lake house continues and is almost complete according to my report from Mom. She also read me a couple of letters that Job had written them from boot camp. It sounds like he is doing well...or as well as can be expected rather.

No comments: