Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thanks John!

I am the reigning champion of the Idyllwild Disc Golf Association. For Christmas my brother John sent me two mid-range discs and a hand drawn outline of a nine-hole disc golf course here on the campground. Lisa Richard and I took it upon ourselves to test the course, and we had a jim-dandy time doing this "research"... oh yes, it's camp related and thus research. It was work...not fun.
Of course, I dominated beating Lisa 43 to 72 (let us gloss over the fact that 28 would have been par for the course. I think I could lower my score even further by using a regular frisbee as well as the mid-range disc that john sent me). The Mid-range disc was too heavy and didn't go very far, but it was awesome in mid-range (of course).
Based on our "research," Lisa and I are in agreement that a formalized Disc golf course will coming to Camp Maranatha sometime in the near future. I will pass on my recommendation to the board that we move forward on this plan with all due dispatch.

7 comments:

lisa d said...

yeah, so you killed me. the way i see it, i got to play twice.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I am rapidly looking forward to the day I steal that title...Joel and I designed a course at CSJ once and challenged students to it during lunch.

They played for a few weeks and then tired of it...

leaving Rod and Todd all alone out there...

Anonymous said...

43 is an excellent score Josh for the inaugural - 72's not that bad either Lisa. I trust you will find in due course that indeed that disc can be hurled distances that you never dreamed possible. It's amazing how far one can toss those things once gaining proficiency. Long live the INDGC!

lisa d said...

friends don't let friends play ball golf.

Hutch said...

I think we're due for another Idyllwild weekend. I'm bringing my discs and leaving with the title.

lisa d said...

bring it!!

barefootkangaroo said...

BRING IT INDEED!!! You and your fancy discs!