Saturday, October 21, 2006

THE PUMPKIN

The other night in his story box, Bowden found a note from the Widjiwats, which read;

"For a Halloween Treat
That's really neat
Just take a peak
In the window seat."

Bowden excitedly scurried out of bed and opened the window seat and discovered his very own pumpkin, which I had purchased earlier in the day at Fairway Market. Bowden is a firm believer in Widjiwats, and was glad that they hadn't forgotten to put something in the story box.

A few days later he and I carved it into a Jack-o-lantern. Big fun! The following pictures are out of order, but I trust that they will suffice to convey some of the excitement.








2 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

That's the greatest journal post I've yet to see anywhere...

Abigail said...

Fathers and sons.
You're a great father, Josh.
Um, I mean...
Those Widjiwats are the best!


The story box is one of the coolest ideas I've heard of. I wish I'd had one to look forward to each night when I was growing to where I am now. Heck, I wouldn't mind one now, either!