Friday, April 21, 2006

TOP TEN REASONS TO COME WORK AT CAMP ON THE WEEK OF 5/15-21/2006

10. You get a free T-shirt

9. Your pine cone needs will definitely be met.

8. We’ll cry if you don’t.

7. You’ll get to spend quality time with nature- especially mosquitoes

6. You’ll make lots of new friends- comparing mosquito bites

5. Thought you’d heard every version of the story of dead man’s cave? Well, think again.

4. It’s like survivor only nobody gets voted off.

3. Learn important things like integrity, self-discipline, and gopher-killing.

2. You can buy jeans from American Eagle that are pre-torn and splattered with paint or you can do it yourself on staff.

1. All the pine cones you can eat!

5 comments:

barefootkangaroo said...

All of you who e-mailed me requesting a copy of the Camp Maranatha newsletter are going to be sorely disappointed becasuse much of it has already been printed here on my blog. Ah well, I'll autograph it for you guys. I have to acknowledge that I borrowed some of these from a top ten list created by my brothers Job and Joel, but that was deemed too "edgy" to be printed in the newsletter. Some of them were tame enough to be included in the version that went to print though. Thanks guys for giving it the old college try.

Abigail said...

Thanks for nothing. Millie is now threatening to run off to California, thanks to numbers 9 and 1.

As proof, here's a quote from my blog archives..."-I am busy while Millie and Annika play quietly in the living room. Millie, voice ringing with such conviction that I leave my task...: It is very yummy, Anka. Clincher--I enter the room to see Millie chewing on a pine cone."

And a picture

barefootkangaroo said...

Outstanding! As soon as she's 14 we can accept her onto our summer staff (with a work permit).

barefootkangaroo said...

If she shows up out here we'll feed her a peanut butter sandwich and then send her back- Parcel Post (along with some pine cones).

Abigail said...

Ha! She left yesterday. Welcome her with my love and a packet of pine cones. (And could you mail her Priority instead? We miss her already.)