Tuesday, April 18, 2006

MY FORMER EMPLOYER


A few weeks ago Misserose authored a post on her blog wherein she layed out some very interesting facts about our sense of smell. I have always been fascinated by how closely our sense of smell is tied to memory. I think it is probably the closest we will ever come to time travel. While I was at the beach I went for a walk late on night along the ocean. As I was walkin I caught the faint odor of marijuana on the wind. I looked around, but didn't see anyone. It must have drifted from the dunes or from one of the houses that line the beach front. It is so strange that the odor of marijuana holds pleasant associations for me from my days in St Albans. I have to admit that I miss my old job sometimes, but I do not miss that awful patch. What is up with the Canadian leaf and that cartoonish looking train. It isn't apparent from this picture but the blue background was actually kind of a pale pastel. It was a very sassy patch.

No comments: