Saturday, April 22, 2006

My 15' Aluminum Grumman- The Sadie P.



I bought this boat after I graduated from college. Sarah and I (we were engaged at the time) drove over to a marina on Lake Bomoseen, bought the boat, and then lashed it to the top of my Grandma McCuen's buick Century. We nearly lost it on the side of Rt. 22A when one of the boards it was resting on shifted, and then once again as we turned off of the main road into Benson. It was a relief when we finally unloaded it and slid it down the hill to Lake Champlain. I am pining for Vermont this morning.

6 comments:

sarah said...

isn't this the boat you first saw Jarudet in?

Abigail said...

That's one great picture of you and your boy.

barefootkangaroo said...

Sarah- Why, yes it is!

Abigail- Thanks for the kind remarks and I reciprocate with the same (only change boy to girls). I have been checking your site with regularity, and have become attached to your little family. Not in a weird way, but in a "I'm curious what John, Abigail and the girls are doing today. I'll check the blog," kind of way. The confederacy of Jesus loving parents.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

So wait. I'm not a parent...

When i check her journal it's creepy?

Abigail said...

Josh, keep on coming! It's cool to have an electronic link to your family over on the other side of the map.

Job... totally creepy.

Abigail said...

(but you can keep coming, too...)