Sunday, April 23, 2006

I PROPOSE A GAME OF HERESY....

This game was created by my family and Steve Maxon over the course of a family vacation a year ago. It's like balderdash for the young evangelical. I will close my eyes, open my Bible, and, with my eyes still closed, plunk my finger down on the page. Then I will open my eyes, note the reference, and post said verse on my blog. You then have until midnight on Monday- the 23rd to e-mail me a fake verse of your own creation (my e-mail is barefootkangaroo@aol.com). Then on Tuesday I will shuffle the real verse in with the fake ones and you have to try and pick which is the real verse. You get a point if you pick the real verse and and also if anyone picks your fake verse. In the meantime no looking at the verse in your bibles. That's cheating, and although I hate to discourage people from reading their bibles, I will have to insist that nobody look at the verse in question until the close of the game Midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday.

Okay... so here goes. I'm closing my eyes, opening my bible, and ... oh that's no good!

Let's try again.

Psalm 23!

Okay, one more shot.

We've got a winner!

The Bible verse in question is Job 12:19

No Peeking! For a version let's all assume the NIV.

Have all of your fake Job 12:19's to me by Midnight (EST) on Monday.

1 comment:

La Joconde said...

It will be difficult to me for many reasons. Ask Job.
I would like to participate but I will be quickly identified.
I think it over.
I'd like to cheat but I can't for material causes.
What does the loser win?