Friday, April 21, 2006

ARE YOU UP FOR A ROAD TRIP?


Okay, part of my job as Assistant Director at Camp Maranatha is staffing the kitchen. We have kind of a patchwork payroll consisting of volunteers and part time employees. During the Fall, Winter, and Spring we host guest groups primarily on the weekend. However, every once in a while we have a weeklong college intervarsity group. This poses a perfect storm of staffing problems for me. The older saints who form the backbone of my schedule have a hard time working 3 meals a day for 7 consecutive days because of various medical conditions, family obligations, doctor appointments, their grandkids are coming to town, and so on... Also the teenagers and college students from the local churches who are equally important to my staffing needs are still in school so I can't lean on them at all. I am always able to somehow patch together a rag tag schedule every weekend, but the prospect of filling an entire week is kind of scary and I would say impossible if I didn't know that all things are possible through Christ (Happy Hank just told me so).

So I am sending out a Hail Mary appeal to all Christian Servants who read this and feel the tug of the spririt directing you to Camp Maranatha for the week May 15-21, 2006. No experience necessary. We can't pay you much (or possibly anything at all), but Sarah and I will provide the entertainment in the evenings, and the camp will provide meals and lodging.

I'm not joking! I'm serious!

In His Service, Josh Tate

3 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I'm in!

100% you will find me there.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

"In idyllwild they want me.
And I'm gonna be there-er.

Tahquitz is calling

And I'm gonna be there.

Yeah Bowden, he wants me

And I'm gonna be there

Spreading the vibe
All over the san jacks"

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

But if Maxon isn't next to me, rinsing the pots and pans I just scrubbed, I will be a very sad...very sad young man.